Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!!!

Where is the spring weather? All this snow and cold weather is really starting to get bothersome and usually by today, I am in such great spirits with all the nice warm air and budding flowers, however, I think Mother Nature is definitely playing an april fools joke on us this year. It is a little warmer today, about 55, however, very ugly, cloudy and rainy. Makes a good day for crafts and cuddling.
This past month has been an emotional roller coaster for me and making my decision to go back to work, but as it approaches I get more and more excited. I miss work and I sometimes feel like I worked so hard for my apprenticeship that I deserve to be working and I know that it will make me a better mother as the time that I have with my girls will be just as special. The good thing about my trade is that it is not steady work and I could work for 6 months and make enough money to stay off for another 3-4 months.
I have found a full time live out nanny who seems wonderful and Mckenna took to her very quickly during our interview. I haven't completely decided on her yet, as I have another interview on thursday, but my gut instinct is telling me yes and so is Mckenna, which makes me feel much better.
Mckenna is doing wonderful and still increases her vocabulary on a daily basis. She is 100% potty trained during the day and now only wears her big girl undies and a diaper or pull up to bed. She is really into taking care of her baby right now and playing house. She will play in her toy room all by herself, talking to her dolls and baking cookies in her oven for them. She has about 5 dolls that are all her babies, and when they are hungry, she lifts up her top and proceeds to give them mama numnums (aka: breastfeeding!) I couldn't be prouder! I have talked a lot about me going back to work and she is getting quite ready for the idea, probably more than I am.
Caili is almost crawling, she waves and gives kisses and eats two meals plus the breastmilk per day. I can't believe the difference in the amount she eats compared to what Mckenna used to eat. Caili will eat 4-5 tablespoons of cereal with 1/2 jar of fruit for breakfast, and for dinner, 1 whole jar of food, 1/2 jar of veggies and 1/2 jar of fruit. She is growing longer which is good or I would have one pudgy little girl on my hands. She is very happy, sleeping better this week and loves playing with Mckenna and I on the floor. She dances anytime I sing to her and almost claps alongs with us, just hasn't learned to open her fists yet.
Ryan celebrated his 30th birthday on Easter weekend....still doesn't look a day older than 25 in my eyes. Still sexy as ever....even 20 pounds lighter than last year. Must be doing something right. His hours just got cut back at work which will allow him more time with us at home for the first time in a long time. Perfect timing for me to get back to work. If the nanny isn't trained or ready by the time I get called, Ry's boss said he'd have no problem if he wanted to take some paternity leave with the girls. I think it would be great for him to bond with them (and to see the many tasks that are completed on a daily basis that goes unnoticed!)
I am now using an iMac computer that was graciously donated to me by my brother so my pictures have to get transfered from my old computer and I only have dialup for now,so I probably can't even upload photos to the site, will have to do that from my parents house. My moms camera take better photos anyways.
So till tomorrow......I'll be in town and will try to upload some photos'!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Ryan!!! It's hard making decisions like those but I'm sure you made the right one. Can't wait to see recent pics. Maeve and Mckenna are identical re: their babies and the breastfeeding, too funny. Talk to you soon...don't know if Ryan ever told you but I did call you back after you left that message, hopefully you got that though ;)