Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring has Sprung!!

What a difference just a couple of weeks make. It has just been beautiful this week and all my tulips and daffodils (about 200!) in my pond garden are starting to open. It is our first spring in our new house, so I get to see the garden develop for the first time. It is gorgeous.

We have been playing outside most of the time, either here or at Uncle Dave's place on the beach as he has more than us. Mckenna loves being outside and hates coming in, so I have to trick her to get her inside with a snack. We've been taking many walks when Daddy comes home as he is home by 3:30 right now, so it gives us lots of time together. The nature trail at the end of our beach is just beautiful and budding with birds, flowers and the bull frogs mating. We love listening to them. Just the other morning, we were all sitting at the table for breakfast watching the water and the bald headed eagles came and landed in our trees. They are remarkable creatures and huge. I couldn't believe that the branches would hold them. They were around for a few hours and then took off again. Their nest is somewhere around here, but we haven't found it yet. Then the next day, Nina and Papa came over to help around the yard and went to take Mckenna to my brothers and in the field accross our yard was a giant snapping turtle. It was so cool, as I have never seen one, and to watch the excitement in Mckenna's face as it bit on the stick my dad held was priceless. Do I miss the city?......How could I? Nature is my back door.

Caili is wonderful. Crawling backwards and gets wherever she wants. She is waving, clapping, signing 'more', kissing, and babbling loudly. She loves dancing to music and sways back and forth or rocks back and forth on her knees. She is on 3 meals a day now with milk in between and sleeping wonderfully from 7:30pm until 6:00am, then back to sleep after her feed until 8am. Mckenna can't wait to get into the crib with her and play once she wakes up. I love watching them play together and make each other laugh.

We took them both out on the boat the other night. We let Mckenna put her fishing pole in the water and Ryan had put a minnow on it to catch a fish. So we told Mckenna to real up and when she saw the minnow she was sssooo excited. She thought she had caught it, so we just let her believe it.

I've had the nanny working with us 2 days a week and things are going great. It is hard for her to do her job when I'm at home, so I try to get out of the house and do things. She is wonderful and very patient with Mckenna and Mckenna just loves her. It is only a matter of time before I go back full time, so I am soaking up every last minute with my girls.

Well, I hope to be in the city this weekend and can upload some new photos as this dial up internet is terrible to anything except paying bills and updating my blog.

Take care and enjoy the beautiful spring around you.

1 comment:

Gingerlylizzy said...

That sounds wonderful Alyssa!!! So... my parents are making an offer on a cottage on Pleasure beach (very close to you) as we speak!!! Looks like we will be spending some of the summer out there! YEY!