Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm a grandma!!

I thought it was funny when Mckenna started breastfeeding her babies before bed, but she has taken it one step further. The other night while I was getting her ready for bed, she was lying on our bed and I asked her to pull her legs back while I slid her diaper under her bum. Much to my surprise....she started counting.....1,2,3...8,9, 10 then I heard 'Yay, the baby come mama!' I was so shocked I asked her to tell me again. Once again, she held onto her feet and proceeded to count to 10 and then told me the baby came out her belly. I died laughing! You see, she loves watching a Baby Story off TLC and asks me everyday to put it on. She gets all excited when the baby is born and cheers and claps. Little did I realize how much of the show she was actually picking up, until I watched her hold her legs back and count. Unbelievable! I had to call my mom right away and congratulate her on being a great grandmother. We had a huge laugh over it. I'm happy that she has the love of babies that I do, but what a shock it was. Thought you might get a laugh out of it.

We had a nice relaxing day today as it was rainy and yucky. Today during craft time, Mckenna wanted to make a card for Nina and Papa, which turned out well. Then we built a fort out of all our blankets and played it there for an hour or so. It was almost nap time for Mckenna so, I let her lie in the tent and watch t.v while I got some things done. I checked on her a short bit later and she was lying on the couch in the fort fast asleep. I kept it up all day and left it so daddy could play with her in it. She loves it so much, I think I'll keep it up until tomorrow.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is sooo adorable and hilarious. Maeve is very much into her babies too. Constantly breastfeeding and sounding very much like a mini me. They are little sponges eh?

Gingerlylizzy said...

That is too funny! LOL Awww... you are such a good mommy!