Sunday, February 17, 2008

To Work or Not to Work?.....

Caili's First Food!! BANANAS!!!


Mckenna Playing with the Camera with Nina!

The time is flying by me quicker than I like to realize and some big decisions have to be made soon about whether or not I will return to work full time or part time or at all. I have a lot of options, not that really appeal to the betterment of my children ( or so I think) I would love to stay home with the kids as I know this is the most important and influential part of their lives, however, I also love my job and love to work (Yes, money isn't bad either) So I am completely torn on what to do. My ideal would be to work part time as an electrician 3 days a week through the union, however, I don't know if that is feasible or even allowed through our union hall. I will be looking into it with in the next week or so. I have to decide with in the next 5-6 weeks as I have an available nanny at the next beach down from us. She is amazing and comes from a family of 11 kids. She is now taking care of two kids and the mother is due for her third any day. I would love to take advantage of her and Mckenna really likes her. Oh, if these answers could just sort themselves out so that I may return to getting some sleep. Any ideas??
Ryan went to Toronto this weekend with his Dad and Nana to go to a Toronto Maple Leafs game, so the girls and I stayed at my parents last night. Dave and I went out together downtown with a few of his friends and I must say that I really enjoyed myself. It was great having the adult conversations and also seeing the same people hanging out at the bars that were their 6-7 years ago. Some people never change...... It was a great night for bro and sis to hang out and I think the last time we were out together just the two of us was in Berlin, Germany when we were backpacking. My brother is an awesome man and I am very proud of him and how far he has come this past months. He is a terrific uncle to Mckenna and Caili and loves them like they are his own.
Caili has now started solids and has only had rice cereal, but seems to enjoy it. She had her 6 month appointment and is 26" long and 15.7 lbs. Mckenna had her two year check up and is 26 lbs and 33" tall. Growing well and growing fast!

*****EDIT***** Today is Feb 21 & they are allowing ph0to uploads today hopefully!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.